Thursday 17 January 2013

DIY STAG PICTURE

This is a really nice piece that I made for my cousin for Christmas, it reminds me of something you could find in the NEXT home range, its rustic and very on trend for the current design climate. 



You will need:
- A Frame
- Plain White Card
- Rustic Paper, I used a Tim Holtz book but you can use any mixed media.
- Scissors
- Glue
- Ruler
- Pencil

Draw out the silhouette of a stag on plain white card, I just copied a picture from google.
Cut this out using scissors or a craft knife, making sure the lines are smooth.
Taking your rustic paper ( or mixed media ) cut these into strips about an inch thick.
Glue them horizontally onto another piece of white card making sure that when you layer on the silhouette of the stag there is no white space.
Once all of the mixed media is glued down glue the stag on top.
Trim the outer edges if needed to fit it into the frame.
Your done, I hope you like the outcome.

TTYL Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment